Well, it's that time of year, the Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway and it's apparent in our house in many ways. Let's see, Brooks does his homework without being told, promptly before game time each evening. Then, once the game starts there is a serious inability on his part to hear or see anyone or anything else in the house. The other night, I asked him two times to take a shower without a response. So, the third time I told him that I would turn off the game if he didn't get in the shower..now! I then left the room to put away 2 pieces of laundry in the very next room. I came back in (maybe 40 seconds later) to find him sitting in the exact same spot, wrapped in a towel, wet, staring at the screen. I said "Brooks, did you take a shower already?" "Yep" he says. "Did you use soap?" I immediately asked without hesitation. "Uh-huh" he answered. ("No way", I thought to myself...."how?" ) Then I thought about the soap question and how concerning it was that I actually had to ask such a thing. I did also consider for a moment going over and sniffing him to see if it was true, but decided against it. It was the first, but probably not the last time I will ask that question, with 3 boys.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Stanley Cup Playoffs are On
Well, it's that time of year, the Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway and it's apparent in our house in many ways. Let's see, Brooks does his homework without being told, promptly before game time each evening. Then, once the game starts there is a serious inability on his part to hear or see anyone or anything else in the house. The other night, I asked him two times to take a shower without a response. So, the third time I told him that I would turn off the game if he didn't get in the shower..now! I then left the room to put away 2 pieces of laundry in the very next room. I came back in (maybe 40 seconds later) to find him sitting in the exact same spot, wrapped in a towel, wet, staring at the screen. I said "Brooks, did you take a shower already?" "Yep" he says. "Did you use soap?" I immediately asked without hesitation. "Uh-huh" he answered. ("No way", I thought to myself...."how?" ) Then I thought about the soap question and how concerning it was that I actually had to ask such a thing. I did also consider for a moment going over and sniffing him to see if it was true, but decided against it. It was the first, but probably not the last time I will ask that question, with 3 boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have a first with out hockey boys -- they have started screaming at the screen during this year's NHL play-offs. Thanks for letting us come over and watch several of the "More Important" games.
Post a Comment