I'd been looking forward to Wednesday for a couple of months....the day Jennifer Bertrand would come to my house! After several days of some serious preparation, I was ready for the winner of Design Star to come on in and see the good, the bad, and the ugly (namely the carpet in the bathroom..it makes me shutter.) It was fun to have her there...her energy is just like on TV, totally contagious. She was funny, kind, and full of great design and decorating ideas, as one might expect. She gave advice on everything from color to minor cosmetic changes to major redesign. She had me wanting to remodel everything. ( Just kidding, Perrin!) It was great fun...my mom came and enjoyed with me. About 20 minutes before Jen arrived, I was thinking about how I had forgotten to plant mums out front in my planters. My mom calls just then and asks "Dee, do you have mums planted out front in your planters?" "No, I forgot." I said. Ten minutes later, she shows up with mums and starts planting. How do moms know things like that? My friends Candise and Megan came over as well, and we all shared ideas and some apple cake.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Jen Bertrand Visits!
I'd been looking forward to Wednesday for a couple of months....the day Jennifer Bertrand would come to my house! After several days of some serious preparation, I was ready for the winner of Design Star to come on in and see the good, the bad, and the ugly (namely the carpet in the bathroom..it makes me shutter.) It was fun to have her there...her energy is just like on TV, totally contagious. She was funny, kind, and full of great design and decorating ideas, as one might expect. She gave advice on everything from color to minor cosmetic changes to major redesign. She had me wanting to remodel everything. ( Just kidding, Perrin!) It was great fun...my mom came and enjoyed with me. About 20 minutes before Jen arrived, I was thinking about how I had forgotten to plant mums out front in my planters. My mom calls just then and asks "Dee, do you have mums planted out front in your planters?" "No, I forgot." I said. Ten minutes later, she shows up with mums and starts planting. How do moms know things like that? My friends Candise and Megan came over as well, and we all shared ideas and some apple cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was truly an honor to watch from Jen's shadow as she verbally remodeled your house! Megan and I loved every minute of it... although your house is next to a showcase already IMO. Jen was very practical and hard-working. Not a Hollywood type at all. P.S. The yellow mums were a perfect fall touch.
Oh, to have been a bug on the wall during Jen's visit! I can hardly wait to hear all about her ideas! How nice of you to share this experience with your Mom and friends.
Post a Comment